Sunday, March 4, 2012

So, what did YOU do this weekend?

I had a very busy, unexpectedly long weekend. I was very productive, but not as productive as my sister in law!

She had a baby. I got to help! Completely rocked! I got to be the cheerleader, the comedian, the shoulder to lean on.  I have never been on that side of the birthing process before.

This was a very special event. She had the baby in a hospital about 45 minutes away. It was the only place that would allow a VBAC. I was sooooo scared we wouldn't get there in time. Earlier in the week, I had a nightmare I had to pull over on the interstate and deliver the baby in the snow! Thank goodness that didn't happen.

We got there just in time. She was dilated 8-9 cm. Little Leo came at 12:09 am on March 2. He shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss. How  cool is that? He is just a little cutie!

Look at his perfect little lips!

There are no words adequate enough to describe how I feel about being invited to experience my nephew's debut. Honored, loved, trusted. Those don't even come close. The fact that I am the sister IN LAW, and was asked to help her... I mean, I didn't even have my sisters in the same state when I gave birth.... No offense to any of my brother in laws, I'm not sure I would ask any of their ladies to be in the room.... Of course, none of them are married yet... I digress

Leo and his favorite Auntie (okay, his only auntie...)

I left the hospital Friday night, so I could spend a little bit of time with my own kids. There is nothing like seeing someone enter the world to make you appreciate those you have brought in to it! And boy howdy, I missed them like crazy by Friday night. 

Saturday, Big Sister came over and played while Grandma picked up Sarah and Leo. Me and the kids all played hard. We colored, we cooked, we played with all sorts of toys! I don't know if my living room will ever be the same! 

Here is Big Sister giving Baby Brother a kiss.

Then today, I cleaned up Sarah's place so she wouldn't have to worry about it when she returned home. She is staying a few days with her folks so they can help out the with the kids.

So yea, I had a busy weekend. Wouldn't trade it for anything! In fact, I can't wait to get my hands on that little cutie again!

Thank you Sarah for letting me be a part of his entrance!

1 comment:

  1. You were a trooper and invaluable to Sarah and all of us. Thank you, Candace!

    Guess who? (Never mind, it's Grandma Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete