Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Introspection

Since I've been writing this blog, I have been really focusing on me: my thoughts, feelings, beliefs. How I respond in social settings, at work, at home. My relationships and how they have evolved or devolved, depending.  My likes and dislikes. My habits. My goals and my plans.

I have noticed that when I start to fell anxious and stressed, I fidget. Then I go on a major cleaning binge. Knitting helps with the fidgeting in a productive way. As long as I can stay focused on the rhythmical click- click of the needles.  My anxiety has improved overall, I think. I have fewer days where I feel as if I am losing control. I've been taking Holy Basil, an herbal supplement to help with anxiety. If I forget to take it a few days in a row, I can feel the anxiety and stress building, and it takes a few days of consistency to bring it back down.

I know it is important to have an accurate perception of who/what I am. I'm still working on the accurate portion of that.

I am truly blessed with the family and friends that I have in my life. They understand me, my thoughts, fears, limitations. They love me despite it all.

This period of introspection has been beneficial to me, and hopefully those close to me that have to put up with all my moods on a regular basis. I am looking forward to seeing the results.

1 comment:

  1. This may sound strange, but I have found it helpful to allow the anxiety to boil over - running towards it instead of away. It's okay to tremble, cry, whatever. It goes away and comes back less powerful another day.

    ReplyDelete