Friday, March 16, 2012

Vacation!!!!!!

I don't have to work for the next 9-10 days. WooHoo!!! I have realized, for the past 9 years or so, any vacation I took we either traveled to Ryan's family for the holidays, or traveled to see my family. As much I love traveling and our families, these definitely were not stress free vacations.

 The last vacation, we moved from Oklahoma to Oregon. We planned for plenty of time to drive. Good thing, since the wind in Kansas decided my Nissan was a vampire car and staked it with a ginormous tumbleweed. We were stuck for 2 days while I got a new radiator.

The vacation before that, we flew from Oklahoma to Oregon for Christmas. Sean was about 3 and I was preggers with Aidan. Of course, our return flight got screwed up, and the airline said we hadn't paid for our return flight and wouldn't let us board. We had already turned in our rental car. I spent close to 5 hours on the phone with the travel agency, airline, and anyone else that I thought could get the mess cleared up. We had paid for our tickets. They were round trip! Before we left Oklahoma, we were informed our return flights were rerouted, and apparently the airline agent in Oklahoma screwed up when she got us on the plane to Oregon. Trust me, I was one bitchy, hormonal pregnant woman.

Needless to say, I haven't really had good luck relaxing on vacations....

This time, we aren't travelling anywhere. I had originally wanted to go visit my mommy in Hawaii, but tickets were just too much right now for us. Maybe next year. So instead, I have a list of projects I would like to get done that I don't usually have time to do on the weekends.

We are also going to go on a real date. Kidless.... Thanks Kristen for wanting to steal my boys for the evening. We so love you for that.

I am also getting a massage. And maybe getting my hair cut...

Hopefully the weather will be nicer than it is forecasted. I would really like to take my kiddos to the park.

Of course, there are business type things I have to do. Like renew my PTA license so I can keep my job after the end of the month, pay the mortgage, so I have a place to live. But all in all, I plan on sleeping in, going to the gym, and relearning how to relax and be productive. Finding the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment