Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Barely Hangin' On

I feel like there is NEVER enough time in the day. I want to be able to go to work, get my job done, come home, play with the kiddos, do my projects around the house, and spend time with my husband. Is that too much to ask? To have the time or the energy to not feel like I am choosing between my family and my obligations?

I have been avoiding overtime at work. We could use the extra money. But I have been so stressed, so tired, that I just CAN'T do it right now. And then of course, I start worrying about money. Overtime for me is pretty damn good money.

I have not taken on any more obligations at home or work. And yet I feel like I am facing a mountain that cannot be climbed. I have been so overwhelmed. When I have the opportunity to work on one of the items on my "to-do" list, I can't prioritize anymore.

I know this is a temporary feeling. I will be able to get everything sorted out and get back on track with feeling like a normal person, instead of a stressed out nervous wreck.  I know if I can get back on track with going to the gym and eating healthier (damn you holiday season!) I will feel better. I just have to keep my chin up and not break down. Take it one day at a time, and all the other cliches.

After all, my horoscope today said: "you may have another week or two of dealing with some stress, but you will soon have relief."

I really hope this one is accurate!



1 comment:

  1. chin up there miss candace! I've got your "back" @ work! we will survive together

    ReplyDelete