Thursday, February 9, 2012

Snarfles are Good

I am having the hardest time staying positive right now. It seems like all the shit is hitting the fan right now. Mostly at work, and I won't go into details, because that would violate my own personal code of ethics. But other small things, just keep piling up, and I feel like I am barely able to keep a step ahead of the avalanche.

I am not having a mental break down, despite all the recent posts on stress, anxiety and depression. This has really just been my sounding board for dealing with the areas of my life I feel inadequate in handling. It has been wonderful getting the support and encouraging comments here.

This has just been a rough, stressful couple of months. Usually, there are only a few days in row like this...

I am going to make a list of the positives in my life now:

  1. I have wonderful husband (He had the house clean when I got home)
  2. My children are healthy and happy
  3. My family loves me (and puts up with my moods)
  4. I have a job
  5. I have a social life
  6. I have friends that are true friends
  7. We can pay our bills
  8. We own our house, and are not in danger of losing it
  9. I am healthy
  10. When I was crying earlier, Savannah came and put her ginormous head on my lap, then snarfled me (a snarfle is when a giant dog puts his/her nose against you then sniffs in and makes a noise that sounds like a snarf)
  11. My kids are laughing instead of getting their PJs on...
Now, I feel a bit better. However, it really is bed time now, and we still need to read a story...

No comments:

Post a Comment