Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Inspiration

We pulled into the hotel parking lot after a grueling drive through the mountains on roads with hairpin curves and no guardrails, right next to drop off into a river at around 8 pm on Friday night. We were all exhausted, and excited. The boys kept asking if we were at the beach yet. We got checked in, and took our stuff to our room. Our room had a private balcony, and though it was pitch black, I knew it would have a gorgeous view of the ocean.

We walked down to the beach, yes, in the dark. It was gorgeous. The kids were in awe. I tried to take some pictures, but my night setting on my digital does not work so hot, as this is what I got:


The spots are moisture droplets.At least, that is what I think they are. There are no spots on my lens.

Over the next 2 days, I watched the waves, played with the kids, and had real conversations with my husband. I became more relaxed than I have been in over a year. With a view like that though, how can you not become relaxed?

As each wave would roll in with such violence that you could feel it shaking the sand, and then gently ebb back out to sea, I felt the tension ease away.




I mean, we really could not have asked for a more perfect weekend to go to the coast. Sunny, in the 60s, just a light breeze. And this is February! Normally, in July, I feel like I need a coat on the Oregon Coast!


And then there were the sunsets...



Ok, so both of these were of the same sunset, just with different settings. But still, I think that was the first time I actually saw the sun set over the Pacific.

This past weekend gave me so many inspirations. Not just to start taking pictures again (although I have decided to start saving for a DSLR). I am going to take the time to get to know my family again, make the time for me. I want to see more sunsets, feel more relaxed, and smile more. I am going to let my creativity shine more, write more regularly, take more pictures, dance more. 



1 comment: